Food For Survival

Friday, December 25, 2009

Stuffed Bhindi


This is my first post for Nupur's 7-day recipe marathon starting Dec 25 until Dec 31, 2009.

I learnt this dish from my sister. She gave me this recipe when I came to US 13 years ago. Arkansas was my first residential state in US and fresh Bhindis were so rare then. I was dying to try this recipe( Bhindi is hubbys favourite vegetable). So when I got fresh Bhindis in Arkansas in a small chinese market one day I was ecstatic. This is also one of the first dishes that came out perfect the first time I tried it. So with lots of memories here goes...

1/2 kg Okra/Ladies finger/Bhindi
6 tbsp besan
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp haldi
1 tsp dhaniya powder
1 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp amchur
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp ajwain
salt
oil

Wash Bhindi and wipe dry (very important) with a dish cloth.
Cut the ends.
Cut each bhindi lengthwise
Take Oil in a kadhai
Add Jeera and ajwain.
Add Bhindi
Just coat the bhindi with the seasoning(only coat so that all masala can now stick to it)
Now add all the other ingrediends except salt and garam masala.
Mix nicely.
Let it roast on medium falme till you get a nice aroma of the besan and also bhindi becomes a bit brown. Keep on stiring every 2-3 minutes.
Now add salt and garam masala and mix nicely.
Crunchy stuffed bhindis are ready.

This dish is very good for people who donot eat onions and garlic.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home