Food For Survival

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jeera Aloo


This is part of my comfort food. On days that I feel down I always end up making Dal rice and jeera aloo. It also helps that I am just a die-hard fan of Aloo in any form (other than raw :})

I have tried many many versions of this recipe and this is the one that I absolutely like.

4 boiled potatoes ( red potatoes work best for this)
2 tsp Jeera
1/2 tsp Haldi
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Dhaniya powder
1 tsp Jeera Powder
1 tsp Amchur
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tbsp Oil -- reduce according to your taste and health !
1 tbsp roasted Sesame seeds (Til) -- Optional
Salt

Heat Oil
Add Jeera. After a few seconds add all the masala powders. Stir for another few seconds. Add diced potato pieces. Give it a nice stir. You will get a good coating of all the masalas. Stir every few minutes for atleast 7-8 minutes. This will make it a bit crunchy. Now add salt & roasted til. Then the garam masala. Give it a minute and add chopped green dhaniya. Delicious Jeera aloo is ready

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home